Another great way to add to your portfolio of blog topics are interviews... Here is why:
- Connecting with the experts: By interviewing experts, you are networking with the best in your industry. You get to pick their minds and provide your readers with interesting content.
- More content for your blog: This is a great way to create content quicker than writing one.
- Being associated with top industry players: By interviewing the top experts in your industry, your website would be considered a trove of information for your readers.
- Search engines love it: Simply put - search engines love original content.
Planning the interview
Understand that there is a purpose to your content. Know that your readers are here to learn more about solutions to their problems through your blog. Ask yourself:
- How can your interview provide value to your readers?
- How you can offer a unique perspective and a takeaway.
- Is there a niche subject that your expert can speak about?
Make sure that you are prepared before the interview. Do your research on your subject, it's always good to over-prepare. Read their articles, blogs and anything that they have published. The more you know about them, the easier it is to ask insightful questions. Write out the questions ahead of time, and leave enough leeway for side topics during the interview. Prior to the call, prepare the interviewee on who the audience is so that he is aware on how to present the message the right way.
The success of your interview would depend on the technology you're using. If you're doing an audio interview over the phone, a great tool to use is Skype. With Skype you can not only call your interviewee but also have the option to record the audio. You can then transcribe it afterwards into text for your blog...
Let us know who you want us to interview...
We would like to provide you with the best information possible in regards to content marketing or online marketing. Let us know who you would like us to interview in the comments and we'll do our best get their expertise.