A well written press release attracts the attention of not only the press, but your customers as well. An ineffective press releases benefits neither your company nor your prospects, but fortunately, it is easy to create a press release than the complemuch more common sense than it is rocket science.
Although you may have heard of the upside down pyramid method of creating an effective press release, there are other concepts that you should be aware of:
- Understand what your prospect wants/needs from you
- Create content that responds precisely to their needs
- Explain how you can solve their problems through the information you provide in the release
- Make sure your headline has strong benefits and is engaging
- Create the sub-headline just as strong
- Be certain that in your first paragraph, it is all about the customer and not about you.
- Talk about your company in the following paragraphs but make it so that your company's unique benefits come across.